Our program incorporates self-assessment tools and complex negotiating cases and/or short scenarios drawn from the participants’ organizational context. Key negotiating concepts are integrated with experiential activities. Skill development is enhanced with videotaping, feedback and coaching. Reflection on learning—an important characteristic of effective leaders—is encouraged. Participants will share their insights for changing their behavior and identify action steps for transferring and sustaining skills in the workplace. This hands-on program uses role-play, case studies and videotaped simulations. Participants will gain insight into their negotiating styles and be introduced to a systematic planning tool. In addition, they will apply practical strategies and tactics to achieve win/win agreements.
What can you expect to learn?
- Plan negotiations that succeed
- Adapt your negotiation style to any situation
- Use your communication skills and tactics to influence others
- Manage difficult behaviour in negotiations
- Negotiate one-on-one, in teams and with multiple partners and issues
- Apply the Negotiation Situation Analysis Tool to your own negotiations
Who should attend?
From beginners to veterans, this program is especially useful for managers, executives, entrepreneurs, lawyers and professionals in strategic sourcing, procurement, contract administration, customer service, business development and sales, IT, labor and government relations, and project management.
Click here to proceed to the next course description.